Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Success!

Today I feel like I truly received an answer to prayer in a tender mercy from the Lord. After having a bit of an emotional meltdown yesterday when my mom returned home, Aaron went back to work, and I was left to sort out life with my three boys, I NEEDED to have a good day. I guess there really wasn't anything great or unusual about today, I just went about my normal day, and it felt normal. I got the boys dressed, fed, and ready this morning and dropped Hank off at preschool. Then I took Max and Ben on a couponing run with me and did a little housework afterwards. We had a nice lunch together and then, most remarkably, everyone took a nap (including me!). We played in the backyard, we read stories together during feedings, I had great one-on-one time with each, and I survived! I know life is going to be one giant adjustment over the next few months, but it was confidence boosting to have just one normal day today.

3 comments:

Jill said...

You are seriously super girl!!! I can't beleive you are already couponing and parading and all of that out in the world stuff and your baby is just a few days old. Man these last few posts made me feel like the wimp of the universe!!! I don't even leave my house for 6 weeks!!! (semi-exagerating!)

Lauralee said...

that is so sweet Courtney- what a blessing eh? it really is the little things! Glad you had a great day- hope more are in store- and it does get a lot easier, I am sure you've heard... sounds like you've already found your groove!

Frye Kids said...

congrats on the new arrival!!! you are a fantastic mom and will do great!!!