Monday, February 16, 2009

Yesterday, Today & Forever

For Valentine's Day we helped Hank make his own cards. We cut the hearts and Hank pasted them on the cards, drew beautiful pictures, and dictated to us what he wanted written on each card.


Aaron and I celebrated the day with a lunch date at the Cheesecake Factory. Aaron knew me well enough to pass on the flowers and go double on the chocolates. Over our yummy meal, we recollected our Valentine's Days' over the past 6+ years, noting how, as our lives have changed, our love for one another has not only deepened but changed. Sometimes I wish I could go back and re-experience the kind of infatuation/love that we shared during our early dating days....when we couldn't go anywhere without holding hands, when we'd call each other just to say "I love you," or when bringing home a special surprise wasn't so surprising. It seems that our love now is more founded on sacrifice, selflessness, and contentment. Yesterday, as Aaron sang in the choir at church, I felt those old fluttery feelings, and I fell in love with that boy with the deep voice who sang in the BYU talent show (and won), all over again.

No comments: