Saturday, December 8, 2007

O Christmas Tree!



Last weekend we set out on our annual quest for the perfect Christmas tree. Apparently, we live in the Christmas tree capital because there are eight different Christmas tree farms right our on street. So, the search for the perfect tree was actually more like a ten minute park and shop trip. We had forgotten how much work is involved decorating a Christmas tree. We started out all gung-ho about it, but after a few hours of trimming it, hauling it inside, centering it, stringing the lights on, fighting with the garland, and then putting up the ornaments we were both ready to call it quits. I think the end result was worth the effort. I was a little hesitant to buy our tree so early in the month because I knew I would have to protect it from Hank. I was prepared to make a recording of myself saying "Hank, step away from the tree" to save myself the trouble of repeating the command every two seconds. It turns out that Hank is actually only interested in one single ornament. I finally gave in and let him have the ornament that he seems so fascinated with, and now he leaves the rest of the tree alone!

1 comment:

Levon said...

Hooray for real tree lovers! If I have my way there will never be a fake tree in this Basso home. Blog looks good you guys. Have a Merry Christmas.

Levon